Software Development Intern
Location: Wilmington, DE
Position Type: Paid Internship
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenwing Solutions is looking for a Software Development Intern working towards a Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field to support the increasing workload of the web development department. The development intern will work on a number of ongoing projects to support the department.
Ideal applicants will be self starters who may be allowed to work remotely as needed. The internship runs a minimum of three months. Compensation: $12/hour.
- Performing website text and programming changes
- Working on core Greenwing Solutions systems
- Interfacing with clients to assess needs on new project work
- Researching topics related to the updating of various components in an Enterprise software product
- Assist in the composition and dissemination of internal coding standards
- Researching development tools, for example unit testing frameworks
- Produce basic documentation of findings and recommendations
- Experience with one or more web development programming languages (e.g. PHP, ColdFusion, Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience with file transfer protocols such as FTP and SCP
- Knowledge of basic programming constructs and topics (e.g. functions, loops, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of the internet and how it works
- Willingness to learn about website hosting and server management as it applies to websites
- Coursework covering relational databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server)
- Some understanding of object-oriented programming and design is strongly desired
- Experience with Wordpress Development or Plug-in programming
About Greenwing Solutions
Greenwing Solutions builds custom web-based software applications and designs websites for small to medium sized business. Our clients vary from doctors and lawyers to restaurants and artists. They rely on our knowledge and expertise to power their web presence. By managing their website and applications, we allow our clients to grow and expand their business without hiring a full IT department.